Monday, April 9, 2012

Florence - the abbreviated version

March 23-25, 2012.

MY FUTURE RESIDENCE :)

Saturday:  2.5 hour bike tour with a gelato break at Gelateria Pitti = a WONDERFUL experience; lunch at Fratelli da Bufala (great pizza place!); Santa Maria del Fiore and walk to the top of the dome (it was awesome!; while waiting in line I bought a mini bottle of chianti to quench my thirst); dinner at Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco with our French "suitemate" from our hostel.

Sunday:  Galleria degli Uffizi (beautiful, but most of the pieces I wanted to see were either not there anymore or in the areas under restoration; I'm glad I went though); Palazzo Vecchio (nice, but looks better from the outside); lunch at I. Ghibellini (yummy food and we sat outside and got some rays on the beautiful day); Santa Croce (BEAUTIFUL and houses the tombs of Galileo, Michelangelo, Dante, Machiavelli); shopping on Ponte Vecchio; San Spirito (which has the most beautiful crucifix I have seen, it's by Michelangelo and the whole thing is made of wood...unbelievable what they could do back then); Cantina del Gelato.

Things I was not able to do on this visit, but plan on doing while there for another visit:  the Bargello, Galleria dell'Accademia, Santa Maria Novella

No comments:

Post a Comment