Thursday, March 1, 2012

STRIKE!

Well, all my planning went down the tubes today!  I had a big day ahead of me this morning:  Vatican City, and if time, The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and Santa Maria Sopra Minerva.  Come to find out this evening (through a cousin of a cousin that lives in Rome - thank God!), that there was a strike (it happens about twice a year), which is why the metro I wanted to take was closed!  Since I didn't have a back-up plan, and my attempts at "winging it" failed, I gave up on that plan; however, I was able to visit one of the four main basilicas in Rome, which is just walking distance from where I'm staying - San Giovanni in Laterano.  Here are some pictures (I'll have to use another way to show pictures...it's taken me FOREVER to upload these few here)!

HANNAH update:  After some bumps in the road for the first couple days (she'll write more later), she had a really good day in Salzburg today!!! 








Add caption







No comments:

Post a Comment